These seriously might be the best muffin/bread I have ever made! They are super gooey and decadent, but made with good-for-you ingredients! I love a good zucchini bread – but these muffins take the flavors to a whole new level. MUST spread maple cinnamon COnutButter + maybe a little sea salt ghee/butter on top. OMG it’s just the perfect breakfast or treat. Don’t even get me started on how delicious these are with coffee…
Grain Free Zucchini Bread
If you’re finding this recipe a bit too moist, reduce the amount of grated zucchini to 1 cup, or place the zucchini in a towel to wring out excess moisture.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or combo ground ginger + nutmeg)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or melted ghee, unsalted butter, or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 small or 1 large banana, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (I medium-large zucchini)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease your muffin tin/baking pan or line with muffin cups/parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and spices and blend together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Pour the batter into your muffin tin, and bake for about 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean. **If Using a baking load tin bake for 45 to 50 minutes**
- Cool on the counter or rack. Store covered at room temperature for a few days, or the refrigerator for a week. Probably would freeze very well!
Makes 12 muffins or 1 loaf